Cutera Laser Genesis
Laser Genesis therapy restores your skin’s youthful glow and appearance by smoothing out uneven texture caused by aging, sun damage, or scars. You will see a reduction in pore size, reduction of minor imperfections, and an overall healthier complexion. Laser Genesis can improve and will also boost the body’s natural collagen production, providing continued improvement to the appearance over coming weeks. The individual treatment results are subtle, but the overall effect of multiple treatments can be quite dramatic. The Laser Genesis procedure utilizes laser technology to safely, discreetly, and effectively treat uneven skin texture, scars, large pores, and diffuse skin redness. It is a comfortable, non-ablative, and non-invasive form of skin therapy.
Laser Genesis Benefits:
- Promotes collagen production
- Removes red discoloration of scars
- Tightens enlarged pores
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Promotes healthy skin complexion
- Defuses redness
Laser Genesis Skin Rejuvenation is most effective on the face and neck. Additionally, it is routinely used in the plastic surgery branch of our practice to treat scars on other parts of the body to reduce redness and speed the overall recovery time from scars.
Recommended number of treatments:
The initial results are often subtle. On average, you may require four to six treatments to achieve the best results. Treatments are done once every four weeks
During your treatment:
Patients often describe the treatment as relaxing and therapeutic. You will experience a gentle warming of your skin’s surface during the procedure as the laser hand piece is moved back and forth about an inch above your skin. You can expect to return to normal daily activities with the use of sunscreen for any outdoor activities.
Prior to your treatment:
- Avoid sun exposure before and during any stages of the treatment. Discontinue the use of any topical prescription medications 7 days before treatment. For example, Retin-A, Trilumen, Differin, etc
- No active lesions, broken skin barrier, or metal facial implants in treatment area.